In recent years, education has invested massively in technology – both in and out of the classroom. Providing effective support for users of IT assets is therefore high on the agenda for the modern school, college or university. The days when logging an incident relied upon bumping into the “IT guy” in the corridor are long gone; today a much more sophisticated approach is needed!
From the developers of the award-winning classroom management tool, NetSupport School, NetSupport ServiceDesk responds to your daily support challenges by providing the processes needed to help you minimise downtime of your critical classroom and back office systems – all wrapped in an intuitive and easily accessible browser-based interface.
- Staff/Teachers can log incidents online and review current status in real time.
- Teaching staff receive a quicker resolution to incidents.
- Staff can search for a solution before logging an incident.
- Staff can access pre-populated incident templates.
- Automated handling of incoming/outgoing emails.
- Customisable interface to fit with your school’s requirements.
- Customised Operator functionality.
- Automated notifications based on pre-defined rules.
- Create custom status reports.
- User management including Active Directory integration.
- Technicians have a prioritised fault list.
- Link related items to avoid duplicated effort.
- Assign incidents to a specific technician based on pre-defined rules.
- Automatic escalation processes.
- Full history of supporting notes attached to each incident with source identifiers.
- Powerful reports dashboard supported by a range of pre-defined or custom management reports – tabular and graph format.
- When used in conjunction with NetSupport DNA, school technicians can retrieve a real-time hardware/software inventory from a target PC to aid in problem resolution.