NetSupport ServiceDesk integrates seamlessly with other NetSupport and third-party network management solutions to provide you with the range of complementary tools you need to provide a complete support offering:
- Direct integration with NetSupport DNA Asset Management Suite.
- Direct integration with NetSupport Manager Remote Control.
For example, knowing what hardware and software is installed on your user’s PC will help to reduce call escalation whilst increasing problem resolution. By integrating a third party inventory solution – such as NetSupport DNA – you can use NetSupport ServiceDesk to obtain a full inventory for each of your users’ systems, together with an ongoing history by user for all previous support requests. NetSupport ServiceDesk empowers your helpdesk operators, giving them the information needed to deal with more requests in less time.
Information is key to gauge the effectiveness of how support requests are being managed and maintained. NetSupport ServiceDesk offers the means to capture comprehensive statistics and create a wealth of real-time status reports – as well as a custom report designer, ensuring you are fully informed in order to make effective decisions.
The reports dashboard enables you to manipulate data to suit your specific needs. On-screen results are provided in a tabular and/or bar and pie chart format. Multiple reports can be presented side-by-side for easy comparison. This option is backed by a set of common status reports, provided as standard with the product. You can even create your own reports (containing HTML, text and supporting graphs) using the intuitive “drag and drop” custom report designer.
Status codes provide an indicator as to the progress of Incidents, Problems and Change Requests and enable quick identification of any
outstanding items that may require escalating. When a new Item is raised, it is automatically given a status of new. When any subsequent
action is taken the status can be changed to reflect the current state of play. NetSupport ServiceDesk provides a default list of codes but you can add to these if required.
As every organisation is unique, NetSupport ServiceDesk allows for the customisation of many key features within the solution. From operator functionality to the creation of specific data entry fields, NetSupport ServiceDesk can be tailored to fit seamlessly into your organisation.
- Custom Data Designer allowing for customised data fields – NetSupport ServiceDesk provides the most commonly used fields to
store information about each Item such as its status, priority, due date etc. However, there may be other information that you wish to store against an Item, for example, you may want to add a field for the employee’s payroll number. The Custom Data editor within NetSupport ServiceDesk provides you with a means to add additional fields, sections and new tabs to an Incident, Problem, Change Request, company, department and user that can then be completed either by the end-user or the ServiceDesk Operator.
- Profiled Operator access and customised functionality.
- Streamlined creation of a solutions database to aid future help requests.
- Custom report designer.
- Personalised “Home” page based on each operator’s individual requirements. When a user first logs into NetSupport ServiceDesk, the Summary page will be displayed. You can change this to a selection of pre-defined pages or create a customised layout where you can customise the content for individual users, departments or companies.
- Personalised “Exit” pages.
- NetSupport ServiceDesk provides multi-language support, enabling you to customise the interface by adding additional languages.
Escalations and notifications
- NetSupport ServiceDesk enables you to create a library of customised email templates. These provide a useful mechanism for issuing automated notifications to users in a number of different scenarios: for example, when changing the person that a problem is assigned to or when you want to escalate the status of a problem. Email templates can also be used when sending an email from an
Incident, Problem or Change Request.
- Automatic escalation of incident based on customer-specific rules.
Encouraging the improved productivity of the helpdesk is only half the challenge. Educating your users to reduce the frequency of future support requests is equally important. With NetSupport ServiceDesk’s customer-friendly self-service portal, users are able to search for answers before logging a support request and also check and review the status of their incident.